2021 Grants and Donations Recipients
The following organizations received over $200,000 in total from the Exchange Club of New Canaan in 2021:
What was done with our grants
- Educated, Equipped and counseled parents to prevent child abuse and neglect in lower Fairfield county
- Provide summer courses for a better chance scholars attending New Canaan High School
- Buying and renovating a home in support men being treated for drug and alcohol addiction and returning the men to their families usefully whole
- Renovating residence to help the hungry, homeless, and addicted
- Pre-HS summer STEM classes as start of a college-preparatory education, academic and life skills to inner-city youths
- Public Transportation in New Canaan for seniors and adults who are unable to drive.
- Providing individuals and families with Emergency Assistance / utilities for food, clothes, layettes, and some emergency financial aid in lower Fairfield county
- A Psychologist working with Children suffering from physical and sexual abuse.
- Delivering of meals to seniors and the disabled in New Canaan
- Effort to break the cycle Crime, Violence, and incarceration by providing client-centered intervention and support services
- Assisting Refugees and immigrants with legal support and assistance finding jobs
- Consulting Services for therapeutic services for children and adults with emotional, physical, developmental, and social needs
- Service to help Child and adolescent recover from trauma and abuse